China is willing to work to help “restore peace in the Middle East”, Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Monday told a visiting delegation of diplomats from Arab and Muslim-majority nations. The delegation called for an “immediate” end to the war in Gaza as Israeli troops expanded their operation in the Palestinian enclave on Monday even as Qatari mediators say they were inching closer to a deal to free some hostages held by Hamas. Follow our live blog. All times are Paris time (GMT+1).
Please refresh the page if the live blog does not appear.
Key Developments from Saturday, November 18:
- The Israeli military on Sunday said it had uncovered a tunnel under Gaza’s Al-Shifa hospital that stretched 55-metres beneath the war-torn complex where troops have been conducting a major operation
- A deal to free hostages seized by Hamas in its October 7 attack on Israel now hinges on “minor” practical issues, Qatar’s prime minister said Sunday.
- Thirty-one premature babies were evacuated from Gaza’s biggest hospital Sunday, the World Health Organization said, seeking to get the last patients and staff out of what it has dubbed a “death zone“.
- At least 13,000 Palestinians, including at least 5,500 children, have been killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza since October 7, the government media office in the Hamas-controlled enclave said on Saturday.
- Some 1,200 people have been killed in Israel, mostly during the initial attack by Hamas, and around 240 were taken captive by militants.
(FRANCE 24 with AFP, AP and Reuters)
EMEA Tribune is not involved in this news article, it is taken from our partners and or from the News Agencies. Copyright and Credit go to the News Agencies, email [email protected] Follow our WhatsApp verified Channel