70 views 3 mins 0 comments

BBC Strictly Come Dancing line-up as professional dancers for 2024 announced

In Europe
June 10, 2024

The countdown to Strictly Come Dancing 2024 is officially on as the first line-up news for the upcoming series has been revealed. The BBC has revealed which professional dancers will be returning to the ballroom later this year as the dance contest celebrates a major milestone.

The broadcaster said Strictly fans can expect “another spectacular series of glitz, glamour and unforgettable performances with the brand new series promising to be extra special as Strictly turns 20!”

In its first big announcement of the year on Monday (June 10), it was confirmed that Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will return as hosts and the judges’ desks will see the return of Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse, Craig Revel-Horwood and Anton Du Beke.

READ MORE: Real Housewives of Cheshire star Paige Chohan confirms daughter’s full name as baby’s head shaved in moving moment

Join our WhatsApp Top Stories and Breaking News group by clicking this link

Meanwhile, the dancers who will return include Amy Dowden, who had missed competing on Strictly last year after she was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer, and 2023 winner Vito Coppola.

Other dancers who will return include Dianne Buswell, Nadiya Bychkova, Graziano Di Prima, Karen Hauer, Katya Jones, Neil Jones, Nikita Kuzmin, Gorka Marquez, Luba Mushtuk, Jowita Przystal, Johannes Radebe, Kai Widdrington, Nancy Xu, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley and Michelle Tsiakkas.

Notably, Giovanni Pernice was not among the names confirmed. He has been a part of the dancing show since 2015 when he reached the grand final with Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote. Later, in 2021, he lifted the Strictly glitterball trophy alongside EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis, who was the first deaf contestant to win.

The 33-year-old was last paired with Sherlock actress Amanda Abbington, who withdrew from the competition in 2023 citing “personal reasons” but Giovanni has since been subject to a number of allegations regarding his conduct in the training room.

Giovanni previously rejected allegations of “abusive or threatening behaviour” and said he looks “forward to clearing my name”. A legal firm acting on behalf of the complainants said the broadcaster is “evidence gathering”, but the BBC has not confirmed any probe has begun.

EMEA Tribune is not involved in this news article, it is taken from our partners and or from the News Agencies. Copyright and Credit go to the News Agencies, email news@emeatribune.com Follow our WhatsApp verified Channel210520-twitter-verified-cs-70cdee.jpg (1500×750)

Support Independent Journalism with a donation (Paypal, BTC, USDT, ETH)
whatsapp channel
Avatar
/ Published posts: 31860

The latest news from the News Agencies