LONDON – The youth charity started by Britain’s King Charles when he was still a prince – the Prince’s Trust – will now become the King’s Trust, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.
Charles, who became king last year after the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth, set up the charity in 1976 to tackle high youth unemployment and so far it has supported over a million young people.
The charity helps young people aged 11 to 30 get into jobs, education and training. Its beneficiaries have included “The Wire” actor Idris Elba, who used a 1,500 pound ($1,840) grant from the trust to help start his career.
Two other charities started by Charles will also change their names to reflect his accession to the throne.
The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund will become the King Charles III Charitable Fund, while the Prince’s Foundation will become the King’s Foundation, the palace said. REUTERS
EMEA Tribune is not involved in this news article, it is taken from our partners and or from the News Agencies. Copyright and Credit go to the News Agencies, email [email protected] Follow our WhatsApp verified Channel