Germany started easing lockdown
183,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 8,594 deaths recorded in Germany since the pandemic began. Germany has fared much better amid the pandemic than other European countries such as UK, France, Spain & Italy.
Latest Update May 30, 2020:
- German Government have extended social distancing rules until June 29
- Public gatherings of up to 10 people would also be allowed from June 6.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel will not attend an in-person summit of G7 leaders
- German government divided over easing lockdown
- Restaurants are opened allowed to receive guests between 6 AM to 10 PM
- More than 100 people are in quarantine in the Leer region in northwestern after a COVID-19 outbreak at a restaurant