Kabul Rockets Attacks: 8 dead, more than 30 injured in Afghanistan
Kabul Rockets Attacks: On Saturday 21st November 2020, news came out of Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, of multiple rocket strikes in a commercial area where as many as 8 people died and more than 30 were injured as per the Afghanistan Ministry of Interior.
Kabul Rockets Attacks
Early Saturday morning brings the deadliest weekend for the Afghans, according to Tariq Arian, a spokesman for Afghan Interior Affairs.
23 rockets hit downtown, commercial areas, universities and different parts of the city.
Warning sirens blared across the diplomatic quarters and residents of Kabul. Officials said they found a burning truck with launch tubes in its bed at a distance from where the rockets had hit, and he said the vehicle was used to fire the munitions. No group claimed responsibility at the time of writing this story, on the other hand, the Taliban had denied responsibility for their involvement in this attack. The rare rocket attack on the city came as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was set to meet with the Afghan government and Taliban officials in Doha, Qatar, later on, Saturday.
Ferdaws Faramarz, the Kabul police spokesman, confirmed that “multiple rockets” had been fired, while photos on social media appeared to show damage to an external wall of a large medical complex.
Read: Facebook IQ Media and Entertainment Behavior Report Published: Facebook Media Experts Exclusive