54 views 2 mins 0 comments

Man ‘with handgun’ dies after standoff with armed police

In Europe
June 10, 2024

A man has died in hospital following a 10-hour standoff with armed police.

West Yorkshire Police arrived at the scene of a “domestic incident” in Stanningley, Leeds, at 12.35pm on Sunday.

Officers saw a man with what appeared to be a handgun and withdrew to allow negotiations to take place, a police spokesman said.

Pictures showed armed police, armoured vehicles and a bomb squad outside a property during the incident.

The road was cordoned off while negotiations took place.

Witnesses reported a man hanging out from an upstairs window.

At around 10.50pm, officers stormed the house.

The man was found critically injured and pronounced dead shortly after midnight.

The force said: “A police operation that was ongoing at an address in Half Mile Green, Stanningley, Leeds, has concluded.

“The man involved was taken to hospital in a critical condition and later pronounced dead.

“An alarm was raised just after 12.36pm, with dozens of officers from multiple units descending to the housing unit.

“But they withdrew on seeing a male at the address in possession of what appeared to be a handgun.

“At about 10.50pm, armed officers forced entry to the address, deploying distraction devices, and found the man critically injured.

“He was taken to hospital by ambulance for emergency treatment but was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.”

The force has said it has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct and has declared an independent investigation.

EMEA Tribune is not involved in this news article, it is taken from our partners and or from the News Agencies. Copyright and Credit go to the News Agencies, email news@emeatribune.com Follow our WhatsApp verified Channel210520-twitter-verified-cs-70cdee.jpg (1500×750)

Support Independent Journalism with a donation (Paypal, BTC, USDT, ETH)
whatsapp channel
/ Published posts: 32647

The latest news from the News Agencies