turned himself in to authorities in a neighboring county on criminal charges in Charlotte, officials said Friday.
The 25-year-old Charlotte Hornets forward — with an active warrant in Mecklenburg County for violation of his ex-girlfriend’s domestic violence protection order — turned himself in at the Lincoln County Detention Center, the sheriff’s office said.
He was accompanied by his attorney, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, which said Bridges was booked and released on a $1,000 bond.
He turned himself in at 6:57 a.m., officials said. He appeared before a District Court judge during the process.
As the Observer reported Thursday, a criminal summons issued this week against Bridges includes allegations that he smashed his ex’s car windshield and violated a domestic protective order on Oct. 6.
Part of the summons says the woman accuses Bridges of throwing pool table balls at her vehicle while the children were in the car. She says he threatened her, saying that if she called police he would withhold child support money, according to the court summons. Bridges also allowed his current girlfriend to “yell, scream and kick the victim’s car” while children were inside, the summons alleges.
Mecklenburg County court records show the alleged incident happened in Charlotte when Bridges and the woman met for a child custody exchange. In May, the records show, a protective order had been issued by a judge in California.
The new summons charges the 25-year-old Bridges with misdemeanor child abuse, injury to personal property and a domestic protective order violation.
Court records in Mecklenburg County show Bridges has been summoned to appear in court in Charlotte on Nov. 13, the Observer previously reported.
This is a developing story. Check back for more details.
EMEA Tribune is not involved in this news article, it is taken from our partners and or from the News Agencies. Copyright and Credit go to the News Agencies, email [email protected] Follow our WhatsApp verified Channel