Donald Trump will continue his legal fight against Twitter despite his ban being lifted by Elon Musk.
Trump’s attorney, John Coale, said that the former US president has no plans to withdraw his appeal.
Trump was banned from Twitter two days after the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.
Donald Trump is not backing down from his ongoing legal fight against Twitter despite his ban from the site being lifted by Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk.
Earlier this month, Trump asked an appeals court to revive his legal challenge against Twitter for suspending his account after the January 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol.
Trump separately sued Meta’s Facebook and Google’s YouTube over similar bans they imposed on him after the riot.
Lawyers for Trump argue that the Twitter ban was “contrary to First Amendment principles,” and amounted to “overtly partisan censorship,” according to court documents.
However, legal experts have said it will be challenging for them to prove that the ban amounted to censorship, per Bloomberg.
Despite Trump’s Twitter account being reinstated, Coale said the former president had no intention to drop the case without reaching an agreement on terms to end the dispute, per Bloomberg.
“There’s more to it than just letting him back in so we want to talk to see if we can figure something out,” Coale said. “You don’t just do things on your own, you should talk to the other side or wait.”
Coale said there had been no discussions with Twitter since Musk reinstated his account. Trump “told me he had no interest, but that could change,” Coale said, per the news outlet.
Trump has repeatedly vowed to stay on Truth Social, a platform he founded, rather than return to Twitter if his ban was lifted by Musk. Trump is yet to tweet since his account was reinstated earlier in November.
Representatives for Trump and Twitter did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
Read the original article on Business Insider